logoOn Aug 23, 2016, a Thanksgiving celebration was held in Prince Albert to remember the Educational Legacy of the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary. In September 2016, the doors were opened to students from grades 7 to 12 with the new name Blessed Marie Rivier Catholic School.

Booklet created by Sr. Esther Nogier, p.m.

 

logo

On Aug 23, 2016, a Thanksgiving celebration was held in Prince Albert to remember the Educational Legacy of the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary.

Since 1903, the Sisters’ mission of education has been taken place in many Catholic schools of the city of Prince Albert: (St. Paul, St Joseph, St. Mark) and in the public schools of the surrounding town and provinces.

Today, we focus on the site of Rivier Academy on Bishop Pascal Place, Prince Albert. After 65 years of teaching, the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary have decided to cease the operation of Rivier Academy as of June 30, 2016. The first school in this site was operated by the Sisters of Our Lady of Sion. In 1951, the Sisters of The Presentation of Mary became the owners of the school which became “Academy Presentation of Mary”. In 1976, the Academy became a private school under the new name “Rivier Academy”. On August 23rd, 2016 the operation of the school was passed on to the Catholic School Board of Prince Albert and in September 2016, the doors were opened to students from grades 7 to 12 with the new name Blessed Marie Rivier Catholic School under the direction of the new principal, Mr. Robert Tessier.

Booklet created by Sr. Esther Nogier, p.m.