An Extraordinary Saint Marie Rivier Feast took place in February.
In these ordinary times, the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary from the religious province of Prince Albert, have just celebrated for the first time an extraordinary event at their Care Home, ‘the feast of Saint Marie Rivier’, who was canonized in Rome during the month of May. What a gift!
In the novena leading up to the feast, they contemplated together their call to holiness thus following in the footsteps of their foundress, St. Marie Rivier. In the song: “Open Gospel” they heard Saint Mother Rivier’s desire for them: “To be an open Gospel where people recognize between the lines of their lives, Jesus Christ.”
With great joy, that morning, Father Michael Averyt accompanied by the Sisters and their Associates gathered to remember, pray and give thanks by celebrating in grand style a beautiful Eucharistic Mass of Saint Mother Rivier. The three P.M. Saskatoon Sisters animated the mass with their music. During the homily, the Sisters and their Associates shared the love and admiration for Saint Marie Rivier’s life, ‘the woman empowered for Christ’.
Sharing some short testimonies:
- she did everything with a passion
- with great love she stretched out her hand for the poor
- her devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary brought miracles
- had a strong trust and confidence in Jesus Christ
- a prayerful woman of faith, a ‘woman apostle’ so courageous
- in every country the Sisters have the same spirit as their Foundress
- a contagious joy that she brought to every circumstance
- her stature and zeal did not stop her from evangelizing
- A little lady with great dreams
- having no vehicle for traveling did not stop her from spreading the love of Christ across the country and opened 141 schools in her life time.
- an associate remembered the death of her mom of 30 years ago being on the same day of Marie Rivier’s. This gave her a great joy.
Following the mass, in fraternal love, the sisters then shared a festive banquet with each other.
May God Bless All Those Sisters That Celebrated A Religious Profession On This Day, Prayers And Support! Congratulations!
With grateful hearts on fire, may we all continue to walk together as we journey on with hope.
‘Love shall be our lantern flame
burning in our pilgrim hearts.
Love shall be our lantern flame,
guiding us beyond the unknown.